"Where Shani go?" was the quote of the weekend as Naomi followed Auntie Shani upstairs and around the house. She still asks "where Auntie Shani?" and gets upset when I say she had to go home to her house and to work. I made the mistake of saying she took a train home..."ME CHOO CHOO!" and more tears. She was a big fan of Auntie Shani and keeps telling me she wants to go to Shani's house. Tonight before dinner she said, "me eat, daddy eat, mom eat, shani eat." It might take a while to get used to the idea that Shani is not coming back. But here are some videos and pictures from our fun Saturday with Shani! We went to a farm that is about 5 min from our house where they offered a hayride, corn maze, pumpkins and jumping in the hay.
Naomi did not want to sit on the hay!
cotton fields!
tobacco fields...they also had sweet potatoes and soy beans!
corn maze time! I was not prepared in my open toed shoes and big belly. The dead ends were no fun! Eventually we just sent Bryant out ahead to check out the paths :) And luckily he was there to carry Naomi whose little legs had a hard time on the stalks and corn on the ground!
Naomi didn't like the dead ends either
Pick a pumpkin time!
Cotton! I've been waiting all year to get up close to and touch raw cotton. I just think the cotton fields are so pretty and vowed to touch some this year!
It really was fluffy like a cotton ball!
Naomi could have climbed up, ran across and jumped off these hay bales all day!
She jumped in once, but really didn't like it!
Home for some carving! And roasting pumpkin seeds of course!
Daddy did all the cutting and I did the gooey inside job. Naomi, like her daddy, preferred not to touch the insides!
Auntie Shani surprised us with some amazing carving skills!
Naomi finally decided to touch the seed after they'd been washed off :)
Shani, her shadow, and the works of art!
ooooo, ahhhh
Happy Halloween Time!

1 comments:
I love the summery white skirt, in the middle of October at the Pumpkin Farm! Great Pics!
Post a Comment