Man. I hope the pending/lurking/inevitable deployment goes by as fast as these past few months have! Baby Bryce is...omgosh, I have no idea how many weeks old he is. That's how fast it's going. Hold on, I have to get a calendar. 16 weeks! HEY isn't he supposed to be sleeping through the night by now??? Grrr, my children just aren't sleepers. I have accepted it. And Starbucks loves me. Esp the girls at the Target SB. Three, yes THREE know my "usual" these days. (Iced caramel macchiato if you're interested)
And is that a FOUR by Naomi's age ticker??? Whoa. On her next bday she will be four. It's true what they say: the days may be long but the years go by fast. Speaking of years it is nice to know that for at least one more full year we will be in Goldsboro. I have begun filling up our calendar as we speak- just checked out the website for dance classes for Naomi in fall; she will also be attending her preschool again but 3 days a week instead of 2! And the girl loves to sing so I was delighted to see a possible singing class on the roster...I'll have to call tomorrow for all the "deets." Oh and baton, too! I would love to see her twirl (perhaps 3 is too young) but someday! I'll even break out my old moves! Hmm, I think little ballet girls are just the cutest thing...but not sure if it will be Naomi's thing- tights, hair up, calm, quiet, graceful? We shall see! (Let the record state that I could never stand such demands! I was more of a jazz turned pom girl kind of dancer.) And tomorrow is Naomi's first day at her "new school." This town is amazing for all the opportunities for child care- at it is a military town and few have family nearby. She's going to a program 9-1 that runs MWF but there is no commitment- you just sign up in advance if you'd like to go! She's super excited as her friends from school and my friends' kids go there. She tells me all the time, "I have to go to school and see all my friends. All my friends are there. I love to play with my friends. And you go away and then you come back! Are you going to go away?" She's really into friends these days- and she likes when I leave her! (go away) She was upset the other day when we visited the "new school" and I didn't "go away." The other reason this "new school" will be a life saver is that there is no preschool this summer which would devastate Naomi (who, by the way, pretends to be her teacher at home and "reads" to Bryant and me like we are the students!) But this "new school" as Naomi calls it will be open all summer! As will the pool! And Starbucks- TG :)
So that's what we've been up to and are looking forward to. Bryson has been mastering the whole "hold your head up" thing so he's been pretty busy, too. And Bryant will start his instructor upgrade next week (training to be able to teach others) on top of continuing his master's degree and going on TDYs (training out of state) and the regular Chief duties. Maybe I'll even get to see him sometimes, too :)
And what post is complete without some pics!
 |
| Her fave thing right now! |
 |
| Reaching! Grabbing! Holding! And he loves his burp cloth "blankies" |
 |
| trying out the baby carrier! |
 |
| multi-cultural day at Naomi's school- her class learned about Japan |
 |
| sibling love! |
 |
| excited for Easter! |
 |
| Naomi's doll doesn't have a baby swing so she thought they'd share |
 |
| reminds me of a Dr Suess character with that hair! |
1 comments:
If only we didn't live across the US from each other, because we should totally hang out in the next few months! We also have a lurking/pending/inevitable deployment just around the corner, and I also just so happen to have a child who doesn't sleep! We could just park ourselves in a coffee shop or two and have a grand 'ole time catching up. =) Miss you girl!!
Post a Comment