So I am going to backtrack to Thursday night. Naomi put on the pink bunny ears, put her blue bunny in her baby stroller, grabbed an Easter basket full of bunnies, put her purse on her other arm and said, "bye!"
I of course grabbed my camera and got a pic of all this, but my memory card got stripped when I was trying to download some pretty cute pictures from the past two days. Fortunately I only lost 3 episodes of pictures. I think I finally learned my lesson: use the USB cord. Always. Even if it is way in the other room and I just sat down after the 'get milk for Naomi, eat dinner, get milk, give bath, get dressed, get milk, brush teeth, go to bed' routine.
So even though those pictures would have been worth a thousand words...these hundred words will have to paint those pictures.
Friday morning was a sunny, blue sky, already 75 degree morning. Naomi and I ventured outside for what would have been hours (the girl would live outside if she could) but lucky for me the guy who cuts our lawn showed up to cut our lawn. Otherwise I don't think the pasta salad I had to make for the afternoon's picnic would have gotten made!
So there we were strolling the backyard when we discovered the most beautiful flower I have ever seen on property that was my own! It was a purple tulip! Three, actually. Naomi and I looked at it for a while, and I got some cute pics of her touching it...but then I told her to smell it. In her defense I never did say to bend down to the flower level and smell it. So in an instant she picked one of the blooms right off the stem and stuck it to her nose. Ah!! My beautiful purple tulip!!! (I caught a picture of that, too, as I quietly gasped at the destruction of my flower so as not to freak Naomi out with my horror.)
Later that day we went to a bbq on base where all her favorite little people were. With her Liberty of London romper on and her hair in a ponytail she looked like a little kid! Especially when she navigated the jungle gym on her own! My fave moment of the afternoon (another lost photo) was when she was walking all over the grass yelling, "Daw! Daw! Daw!" She was looking for Dawson, her favorite friend. Then she started clapping her hands and yelling his name...I had to explain that he is not a dog!! She recently learned (and is proud to do it!) how to summon a dog- clapping her hands and patting her thighs. However, I do not want her calling for friends like that! When she spotted Daw, she took off running with a huge smile on her face. (Click!) At least I'll always have the memory of it. It makes me so happy to see her so happy!!