So I probably should have counted the Easter eggs before we hid them. Not that they are in difficult spots; Naomi is only two! But it will be funny to find that left-over one in May. It sometimes happened when I was a kid! And we thought we were soo good at finding them! My poor parents had to think and think of new and harder spots to hid the eggs and especially our baskets when my siblings and I were younger. I even remember a certain someone who decided her spot was too easy and demanded a re-hide. Fave spots over the years? The dishwasher, oven, dryer, bathtub (that's where Naomi's is this year! She LOVES baths.) Naomi's basket does not contain that fake plastic colorful grass stuff. Fake plastic colorful grass, along with sprinkles, is not allowed in my house. Her basket is lined with yellow tissue paper. Fake plastic colorful grass is only going to get tracked all over the house, and I'll have to pick up each strand by hand so as not to clog the vacuum. She can do without the fake plastic colorful grass.

Now, what kind of mother (and dessert decorator) doesn't allow sprinkles in the house?! Let me clarify. All jimmies, colored sugar, and colored sugar shapes are allowed in. I'm talking about those little teeny colored sugar balls that upon hitting any surface besides your intended surface, which, let's face it, is about 90% of the time, go bouncing and rolling and flying off into all directions. Any sudden movements on the cookie tray and a million of them scatter to the counter top and floor. They can even jump over the sides of edged cookie trays, lest you think you can outsmart them. And just when you think you can easily vacuum them up, the warning vibration put out by the incoming vacuum sends them on a search for the hard to reach corners of the room and the underneaths of tables and chairs. I refuse to chase teeny colored sugar balls around. Again, Naomi will be just fine with the shapes and jimmies.