AWESOME experience yesterday- I got a high-speed taxi ride in Bryant's jet! So cool to see just how heavy all that gear is that they wear, how small their "office" is (the cockpit), how many things Bryant has to keep track of at once, and how truly amazing his job is!
getting my mask fitted!
so excited!
I think he makes the flight suit look hotter ;)
His locker
ready to go! apparently I was holding the helmet bag like a purse, for shame!
THAT'S how you carry a helmet bag lol
My friend, Amy, and her husband.
all strapped into the back seat! what an opportunity!
waiting while the maintenance crew checks the jet to be sure it's good to go!
visor on!
canopy down!
there we go! I got to talk on the radio, STEER the jet, and check out all the displays Bryant knows exactly so much about that were so foreign to me!
and we're back!
The following pics I stole from my friend Brandi's facebook album ;)
In the squadron bar- yes a bar at work.
waiting to "step" i.e. get the info before we "fly"
Cleo briefing us
climbing into the jet!
Bryant there to help me and show me what's what in there!
ready to go!
Brandi took these pics from the control tower which she got to go to.
Thanks to the 335th for the ride and to Brandi for sharing the pics!















0 comments:
Post a Comment