Thursday was blueberry picking day for us at a local fruit farm. It was close to 100 degrees by 10am- but hey, I wanted to live in the south! I wanted the hot weather! We were troopers, picking lots of blueberries over about an hour. Of course at first Naomi was eating them faster than I could pick them! She helped too, distinguishing between the ripe blue ones and the not quite ready green ones. OH and I have to say that I struggled to get her into shorts or a skirt or a dress or a romper but the girl is SOOO stubborn and ONLY wants to wear pants- at least they are capris. And at least she'd wear a tank top. She asses her clothes each day and chooses what she'll wear. And don't get me started on the hair; I don't know HOW that pony tail stayed in so long!
When Naomi was over the blueberry bushes she was quite entertained by some goats they had in the fences! And there were some dogs running around that really made her happy!
Some of the helpers/eaters:


Blueberry recipes are in our future! Here's a favorite of mine I got from my friend, Aimee.

Baked French Toast w/Berries
Ingredients:
1/2 of a 1lb loaf of French bread, cut into 3/4 in slices
4 slightly beaten eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2/3 c flour
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c butter
1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
Topping (optional):
1 c strawberries
whipped topping

Directions:
1. Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange bread slices in baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Slowly pour over bread. Press lightly with the back of a spoon to moisten bread. Cover and chill in the fridge for 8-24 hours.
3. Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter unti pieces are the size of small peas. Cover, chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Before baking, sprinkle blueberries over bread; sprinkle flour mixture over berries. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven 25-30 min or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Let stand 5 min, top with strawberries and whipped topping, if desired. Cut into squares. Makes 8 servings.